Wednesday, June 12, 2013

If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy), Lisa Renee Jones





BLURB---He is rich and famous, and dark in ways I shouldn’t find intriguing but I do. I so do. I don’t understand why his dark side appeals to me, but the attraction between us is rich with velvety promises of satisfaction. . . .
In the bestselling style of Fifty Shades of Grey, Lisa Renee Jones delivers sexy thrills and heart-pounding sensuality with a tantalizing page-turner in which the eyes of a high school English teacher are opened to a world she never knew existed, and she finds a passionate craving within that she never knew she possessed.
The journal comes to Sara McMillan by chance, when she inherits the key to an abandoned storage locker belonging to a woman named Rebecca. Sara can’t resist peeking at the entries in the journal . . . and she finds a scintillating account of Rebecca’s affair with an unnamed lover, a relationship drenched in ecstasy and wrapped in dark secrets.
Obsessed with discovering Rebecca’s destiny after the entries come to an abrupt end, Sara does more than observe the players in the woman’s life; she immerses herself in the high-stakes art gallery world Rebecca inhabited—and is magnetically drawn to two men. Which one seduced Rebecca with his masterful and commanding touch and brought her fantasies to exquisite life? On a daringly erotic escapade, Sara follows Rebecca’s path to fulfill her own hidden longings. But after she tastes the forbidden pleasures Rebecca savored, will Sara be helpless to escape the same submissive fate?
Next in this thrilling new trilogy: look for Being Me and Revealing Us.


I don't want to be a grumpy reviewer but it's happening.

SPOILERS in this review.

I don't know how to review it. I'm gonna sliiightly rant I think but I don't know. I didn't hate it.

I liked the story, I just felt that it was abandoned about halfway through because Sara got distracted by the pretty Mr Merit.

I'm a bit like, huh? I hate stupid characters. Sara in particular drove me insane.

So Sara finds some journals, and they belong to Rebecca- a woman she has no knowledge about apart from what she has read in the journals.

Sara then goes in search of Rebecca because she is worried about what happened to her........Now. I don't know how I felt about this, she is a teacher and has the summer off. Finds some journals, then goes on some humanitarian mission to find out what happened to her. Random... BUT at this point in the book, I didn't care. I was intrigued enough to continue despite feeling Sara was being stupid.

She discovers she works in an art gallery and gets offered a job (Lucky Sara!!) Naturally owner boss guy is hot and dominant and silently demands she drinks the coffee he made, which she does because y'know.... she wants to please and seek his approval even though she knows she shouldn't because she is a STRONG WOMAN, dammit -_-

THEN comes another hot guy in the form of one of her favourite artists!!!! Who also has an inexplicable interest in the new girl. A guy who is one of them annoying as fuh martyrs being all.....

"Oooh I'm a bad man, you should stay away from me"
Then
"Come away with me for the weekend, I can't be without you"
Then
"I'm a jerk, stay away from me. You deserve better"
Then
"I've never felt this way before, let me stay with you, I miss you"

This is basically Chris throughout the book. Who I liked in the beginning!!! But the plot just basically got left behind whilst Chris and Sara were having all the sex.

And Sara! Well done for resisting so much, you waited like....what...a few days? Before you forgot alllllllll about Rebecca and starting thinking with you slutty brain. Turns out all woman need is a pretty face to forget all their troubles.

She is even toying with the idea that these men had something to do with her disappearance....I'm sorry, what book? So she is SO SCARED for this stranger she MUST go and check up on her but then once she is there, the job offer and pretty men take over everything. It's ok Sara, I'm sure we would all ignore everything else if we were basically controlled by strangers....even though you are aware/annoyed by it, you still do it. Good one mate.
Bleugh, annoying.

The writing wasn't my favourite kind either. "Air crackling between us" and things like that get annoying after a while. I know they want each other. I'm not gonna detail everything that annoyed me because to be honest I could do a chapter by chapter blow of Things That Irritated Bec.

Hmmmm. no, I don't know. I'm mad because I liked the mystery element and wanted more from that. So I will be going straight into book 2 but God Damn there better be a plot

No comments:

Post a Comment