Friday, April 19, 2013

The Girl In 6E, Alessandra Torre



BLURB----I screw men for money. Not literally, think phone sex operator with a 15 megapixel web cam thrown in. They tell me their deepest, darkest fantasies while paying me $6.99 a minute. 

What would possess me to engage in such a business? Throw in a tortured past, inner demons, and a desire to keep the innocent people of my small town safe. 

I was contained, out of the way, sex-camming my way to utter obscurity until HE came along. A twisted client armed with a target’s name. Annie. And in that name, everything changed.



This is what I want to read!!!!!

I LOVE the writing!!

I LOVE the plot!!

I LOVE the charcters!!

Excited review now!!!! Weeeeee!!!!!!!

This is a dark and twisted book, very creative and unique as well. 

I don't want to give away too much of the plot though because I think this is a great book to go in knowing nothing about but I'll do a basic version without specifics.....

Deanna (also known as Jess) had a big trauma which gave her the desire to kill, she spends a lot of her time fantasizing about murder and craves an opportunity. She becomes disturbed by a particular client and decides to find out more about him and of course we have little Annie.

Deanna/Jess has locked herself away from the world. She fears she is a danger to society due to her obsession with wanting to kill people. 
She earns a living as a sex-cam girl.....y'know the internet webcam sex stuff and she is goooood 

I loved this aspect it was incredibly clever because throughout her sex-cam times we learn so much about her and what could be a character who you can't bear because she is obsessed with the idea of murdering- and don't misunderstand me- the girl wants to make people suffer is actually a character who appears more odd and strange than evil. 
We come across a lot of fetishes and her reactions to each leaves a great impression of who she is. So we find out what makes her feel guilty, what worries her, what she likes and what scares her. So this wannabe murderer is actually disgusted by certain things and takes matters into her own hands when she thinks people are at risk. See? She's not so bad.
I thought it was a genius way to explore her character.

I think the best way to treat the whole Annie situation is to see it as a character development for Deanna, it's not the driving force behind the book so much as a great way to progress her journey. Otherwise it seems to move to quickly to be such a big part of the plot but once I treated it as a thing for Deanna, it was great.

I loved loved loved her character, very emotionally cold and clinical in that extremely graphic and vulgar but unaffected way that makes a character fascinating. 

I loved the fact the chapters were so short and snappy, you won't get bored and nothing drags at all. IT'S AWESOME, it was perfect for what it was. A fast paced suspenseful read which moves 100 million miles an hour.

The multiple POV's was good too, it was great seeing things from another characters perspective. I loooooved the writing. This was one of those books for me that I was destined to love, I can take my pick whether it was the plot or characters that made me love it. Everything was brilliant for me.

It was an awesome read, if you are a fan of fast paced mystery and suspense and want sexy sexiness too this one is great! I want more books like this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment