Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Collector, Victoria Scott

                  

BLURB----Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of Hell’s best — a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment: Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of Hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions long ago buried.




Oh Dante Walker, how I love you. 

4.5* 
This book was sooooo what I needed right now, I've had an extra awful few days (read effing mother effing eff bag terrible) and this much was much appreciated by my poor little brain. 
Don't you love how a book can do that? Turn you from a broken fragile mess into someone going SEEEEEEE look at all the NICE in the world....Don't wallow. So it was a wonderful pick me up.....Anyway, enough of my little blahhh moment, onto the book. Excited chatty review coming now......

Dante walker is a soul collector for the Boss Man (Devil, Lucifer....you get it) basically what that means is he roams earth waiting for "sin" to happen so he can "seal" that sin onto the person's soul for good. Once the person is completely "sealed" there soul goes to Boss Man. Boss Man has a plan- the naughty Devil he is- to target an innocent soul. So we meet Charlie, the lovely sweet and innocent Charlie. Dante worms his way into Charlie's life in order to corrupt her.....

But something weird is going on! Dante is being followed and he doesn't understand Boss Man's reason for wanting Charlie or why he'e being followed......Off we go on our adventure.

Dante is one of my favourite male characters ever when I first started reading it I was worried it may get boring or be a bit too full on with all the sarcasm and snark. But it was brilliantly done.
He was the perfect mixture of naughty evil collector/sweet cute protector (That rhymes! I didn't mean to do that I don't like it, it looks cheesy in my review.....but it is what he is, forgive the crap wording)
Charlie, I liked her even though she was the stereotypical naive innocent girl. She was still lovely. 
Even the secondary Characters; Annabelle, Blue, Max and Red were all great fun to read. Especially Annabelle, I loved her.
Everyone was so detailed, it really was a good book.

This was a totally different read to what I'm used to, I feel clean! No sex, drugs, gore, violence anything like that. And I wasn't bored at all. So thank you book for teaching me I can enjoy YA and not get annoyed. I have probably read a handful of YA books and I find myself wishing it was more adult and not kiddy-ish. But I didn't mind reading about teen's going to a dance, or being worried about clothes and stuff at all.

The angel/demon stuff was interesting too. If you don't like that kind of thing (I don't) I would still say give it a chance, the driving force of the book is Dante. Not necessarily Dante the demon, soul collector.
It's such a funny cute book that you can overlook many little things regarding plot and such. With this kind of book you knew where it was going after a few pages but not once did I care even slightly, it was still wonderful watching Dante....not changejust.....I don't know....become unstuck maybe?
So much happens, so even though you kind of know what your end-game will be there are still a few curve-balls coming. 

Wonderful easy on the brain laugh out loud book, go get it! Want number 2 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment